Want numbers? An independent study showed that the interior temperature of vehicles parked in outside temperatures ranging from 72 to 96° F rose steadily as time increased. And cracking the windows doesn't help.
Please don't become another statistic: only take your pets in the vehicle with you when you absolutely need to, and always properly restrain your pets while in the vehicle.
How can you help prevent these injuries and deaths?
- Learn more about keeping your pet safe during travel;
- Set a good example by leaving your pet(s) at home except when you need to have them in the vehicle;
- Set a good example by always properly restraining your own pet(s) while in a vehicle;
- Educate clients, family and friends about these issues and how they can keep their pet(s) safe;
- Download and distribute our posters to help educate pet owners about the dangers of hot vehicles and lack of restraint: